Reverse Transfer | NorthWest Arkansas Community College

Main Content Start

Reverse Transfer

Reverse transfer allows former NWACC students to complete their associate’s degree after having transferred to the four-year college/university of their choice. Credits earned while working on the bachelor’s degree will often complete course requirements for an associate degree.

Applying for Reverse Transfer

Eligible students must complete at least fifteen college credits at NWACC. The awarding of the associate degree once you've transferred will then depend upon the courses you take/credits you earn at your four-year institution. You will be awarded a degree by NWACC if your combined credits satisfy the degree requirements needed to graduate.

NWACC does not charge you when you apply for your degree as part of the "reverse transfer" process. Your transfer institution may charge you a transcript fee, but this is not always the case. Of course, you will incur more charges should you need additional courses to complete your associate degree.

To initiate the process for Reverse Transfer contact

Associate Degree Eligibility and Completing Courses 

Are you transferring before completing your NWACC degree? Meet with your NWACC academic advisor to eliminate any confusion and uncertainty on the courses that are transferable and applicable to complete your NWACC degree.

NWACC's Graduation Ceremony

If you earn your associate degree through reverse transfer, you can participate in NWACC's graduation ceremony. To participate in the graduation ceremony, contact

Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of information presented is factual; however, errors may exist. Always countercheck facts when considering their use in other applications.