Main Content Start
Visiting International Student Admission Process
As a visiting international student at NWACC, you can take advantage of the college's quality and cost-effective courses, certificates and degree options and quickly enhance your life and career path.
A visiting international student is defined as a student on a U.S. Visa who does not need sponsorship on F-1 and wishes to enroll in NWACC classes for one or more semesters.
Your journey begins at NWACC by applying, submitting a number of documents and then receiving an acceptance letter. Read further to learn more about the application process and course requirements.
Complete the application for the semester in which you'd like to attend NWACC.
- Spring 2023 Semester: Jan. - May 2023
- Summer/Fall 2023 Semester: After May 2023
Exciting News! NWACC is transitioning to a cloud-based student information system called Workday to make applying, registering and other student tasks seamless.
Please upload your documents online:
- Login: international
- Password: nwacc1989
Documents to upload include:
- Copy of passport
- Copy of visa
- Copy of I-94
- U.S. college official transcript (if applicable)
- Evaluated International Transcript
- All international transcripts/diplomas sent to NWACC must be evaluated and converted through a NACES - National Association of Credential Evaluation Services approved company. NWACC has partnered with SpanTran to grant a 15% reduction in cost if you fill out their SpanTran Translation Application.
The International Programs Center will not issue an acceptance letter for visiting international students, but once the required items are provided, then visiting students may sign up for orientation with Enrollment Support Services.
Any visiting international students who do not upload the required documents will receive a “VH Hold” that will block enrollment until this step is completed.
If you are an F-1 Visa holder from another Institution, be sure to inform your current I-20 university that you are taking classes at NWACC. As an F-1 international student, you must take at least 6 credit hours at your I-20 institution and a total of 12 per semester with 9 of those hours being live on-campus.
- If your I-20 institution needs verification, you may request Enrollment Verification.
B Visa holders are not allowed to pursue a course of study and must change visa types. Please email InternationalAdmissions@nwacc.edu if you wish to pursue change of status in order to begin your U.S. college education.