General Degree Requirements
- To be eligible to earn a degree, you must have a 2.0 or higher GPA and have earned
at least 15 credit hours at NWACC.
- To be eligible to earn a certificate, you must have a 2.0 or higher GPA and have earned
at least 25% of the required credit hours at NWACC.
- You are required to pay fines and outstanding debts prior to graduation.
Please note: Degree requirements vary, please work with your advisor to ensure all degree or certificate
requirements are met. You can check your degree audit to see if you are on track to graduate. Learn more about processing a degree audit.
- You are eligible to wear honor cords at the graduation ceremony for your degree if you
have completed at least 24 credit hours at NWACC and have an overall GPA of 3.5 or
- Honors GPAs
- To graduate Magna Cum Laude, you must have an overall GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- To graduate Summa Cum Laude, you must have an overall GPA of 4.0.
- If you are graduating with certificates, you are not eligible to wear honor cords
for the graduation ceremony.
- You must apply for graduation to participate in the ceremony.
- You must indicate that you plan to attend the commencement ceremony on your graduation
application to participate in the ceremony.
- Even if you do not plan to participate in the graduation ceremony, you must complete
a graduation application to receive your diploma.
- The graduation application is FREE.
- Be sure to read the graduation information on the application form closely. You may
view your graduation application at any time and make changes as needed. After submitting
the application, you should check your NWACC email account for a response. You may
view your graduation application at any time and make changes as needed.
- The spring graduation application deadline to be listed in the ceremony program is
- Failure to apply by the deadline may result in your name not appearing in the graduation
- If you miss the deadline, you may still fill out the graduation application and once you complete all requirements, your diploma will be mailed accordingly.
- You do not have to attend the graduation ceremony to receive your diploma.
- If you have completed all degree or certificate requirements, you can expect to receive
your diploma in the mail 8-10 weeks after the end of the term for which you applied
- Diplomas are mailed to the address listed on the graduation application or if no address is provided, diplomas will be mailed to the mailing address attached
to your account.
- Diplomas are not mailed to those who have outstanding financial holds.
- Log into your My NWACC account
- Select student records
- Select transcript request and follow the steps listed on the page
Complete the NWACC graduation checklist if you meet either of the following criteria:
- You completed a degree or certificate in the Fall and want to participate in the Spring
- You are planning to complete a degree or certificate in the Spring or Summer.
- Submit your application by March 1st to have your name appear in the graduation program.
- Attend graduation on Tuesday, May 16th
Be sure to:
- Contact student organizations
- Ask club advisors of any student organization that you participate in if you need
to order any type of honors cord or stole to wear at the graduation ceremony.
- Contact the library
- Make sure you don’t have any unreturned items or unpaid fines
- Contact the Treasurer’s Office
- Ask if you owe NWACC any money and pay any outstanding debts. Diplomas and transcripts
will not be sent if all financial obligations to NWACC are not met.
- Contact NWACC Transfer Services (Student Center 2nd Floor)
- Learn about transfer degree opportunities
- Get connected with a transfer institution
- Request your final transcript online
- Request your final transcript online through MyNWACC
- Contact Disability Services
- If you need to request accommodations for graduation, make sure you let disability
- Contact Enrollment Support
- Make sure you have completed mandatory online financial aid exit counseling
- Stop by the NWACC Bookstore
- Ask about dates for book buy back. Selling your books is much easier to do while you’re
still on campus.
Fill out the graduation application to receive your diploma and to indicate whether
you'll be attending the graduation ceremony. Be sure to read the graduation information
on the application form step by step. You may view the application at any time and
make changes as needed. Once submitted, please fill out the graduation survey.