Main Content Start
Construction Technology Program
By pursuing a degree or certificate in Construction Technology, you'll study the methods and equipment used to build structures and learn to plan, coordinate, and successfully implement structure projects.
- Understand the necessary skills to manage small and large construction projects.
- Learn about the materials of construction, residential, and commercial methods.
- Understand about estimating projects, surveying techniques, scheduling projects, and codes and laws that apply to the industry.
ENGL 1013 Composition I
ENGL 1023 Composition II
MATH 1003 Survey of Technical Math OR MATH 1001 Special Topics Surv Tech Math AND MTCM 1003 Comm and Math for Workforce
COMM 1303 Public Speaking
Social/Behavioral Science elective (see course catalog for options)
BADM 2513 Business Organization and Mgmt
DRFT 1234 Engineering Graphics I
DRFT 2114 Auto CAD I
DRFT 2253 Architectural Design
CST 2213 Construction Methods I
CST 2223 Construction Methods II
CST 2423 Construction Codes and Regs
CST 2513 Surveying
CST 2523 Project Scheduling
OSHA 2203 OSHA Gen. Industry Standards
CST 2441 Construction Internship
Those who pursue a degree or certificate in Construction Technology may find job opportunities in the following occupations:
- Trained Field Supervisors
- Project Engineers
- Project Superintendents
- Major Construction Companies