Main Content Start
Our plumbing apprenticeship combines classroom instruction (160 contact hours a year, 40 weekly classes a year) and on-the-job training (2000 hours/year). Classes take place one evening per week during the semester.
Upon registering for this program, you will gain an apprenticeship license for the state of Arkansas.
- GED or high school diploma
- Students must be 18 years of age
- Employment with a plumbing contractor in the state of Arkansas
- Upon entry into the Plumbing Apprenticeship Program, apprentices will receive an Plumbing Apprenticeship License form.
- Upon completion of the form, the apprentice must return the application to the NWACC apprenticeship office. DO NOT MAIL this form to Little Rock.
- Once received and the fees are paid, an apprentice license will be ordered from the Department of Health, and will be mailed to the address of the apprentice.
*Please note, a copy of Program Registration (US DOL ETA 671) form will serve as a temporary license until receipt of license from the state of Arkansas
Years 2 - 4:
- Renewals are sent to the NWACC apprenticeship office. Upon renewal notice, the renewal will be sent to the class and handed to the apprentice.
- Apprentices will receive a notice of renewal in late December or early January.
- The Department of Health will mail the notice. It is the responsibility of the apprentice to pay their renewal fee each year.
- Upon renewal, the license will be mailed back to the NWACC apprenticeship office and delivered to class.
- Starting in 2020, all plumbing apprentices will sign a receipt of renewal and license form.
- Should a license expire, the apprentice must notify the NWACC apprenticeship office. Reinstatement of license can only be done through this office.
*Please notify the NWACC apprenticeship office of address changes and employer changes to ensure that licenses have accurate information and are sent to the right address.
Courses and Schedule
|4028||Plumbing 1||M||7/20/2020 - 5/10/2021||5:30 PM - 9:30 PM||SCWT C113|
|4029||Plumbing 1||T||8/25/2020 - 5/19/2021||5:30 PM - 9:30 PM||WCC 224|
|4030||Plumbing 2||T||7/21/2020 - 5/21/2021||5:30 PM - 9:30 PM||SCWT C107|
|4031||Plumbing 2||W||8/26/2020 -5/20/2021||5:30 PM - 9:30 PM||WCC 224|
|4032||Plumbing 3||W||7/22/2020 - 5/12/2021||5:30 PM - 9:30 PM||SCWT C107|
|4033||Plumbing 4||T||7/21/2020 - 5/11/2021||5:30 PM - 9:30 PM||SCWT B103|
|4034||Plumbing 3/4||Th||8/27/2020 - 5/22/2021||5:30 PM - 9:30 PM||WCC 224|