Main Content Start
Resources for Faculty and Staff with Kids
As you continue to spend time at home with your family while social distancing, you
may be eager to find some resources to aid in your children's education. Enjoy the
following helpful list of educational sites for kids. If you have additional information
you would like to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EdHelper.com - Free learning workbooks while school is closed, pre-school to high school.
- Scholastic - Scholastic Learn at Home - Day-by-day projects to keep children reading, thinking and growing, pre-k to ninth grade.
- kidsactivities.com - Activities and resources for kids.
- education.com - Helpful information for at-home learning.
- Did you know world (Facebook page) - Learning resources and information.
- Misc information (Facebook page) - Free education resources.
- Dailystem.com - STEM activities for families, both English and Spanish.
- U.S. National Park Virtual Tours - View US national parks via 360 degree virtual tours.
- Free education websites for kids - Educational websites for kids.
The Endeavor Foundation, an NWA non-profit, has created a very useful guide and information to help maintain NWA social networks and connection during social distancing. Below is just an excerpt for keeping kids engaged.
10 Fun Ways to Keep Kids (and Others) Engaged While Social Distancing:
- Send them to a magical world where the wonders of learning never cease.
- If you have a future engineer on your hands here are some high quality computer science courses available for free for a limited time.
- Let Mo Willems teach you and your kids how to doodle at lunch.
- Learning a language has never been as easy and fun as Duolingo makes it.
- Science is less of a mystery with mystery science for remote learning.
- Register your child and/or yourself with TEDEd for high quality lessons and learning.
- Try this wonderful source for simple outdoor activities – tinkergarten – It is creative and play driven.
- Enjoy amazing free real world lessons and projects with EVERFI.
- Make music for real in this online music lab.
- Check out this resource list for free quality education sites.
Note: The above sites are for informational purposes only. NWACC does not endorse these sites.